Read the whole post in full before attempting anything!
redsn0w is an easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G/3GS and also the iPod touch (first and second generation). It is available for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
REDSN0W PROVIDES SIMILAR FUNCTIONALITY TO QUICKPWN.
If you want to build custom firmware files with more flexibility it is suggested that you use ‘PwnageTool’ on Mac OS X.
- UltraSn0w has been released via APT (cydia and icy), you can use that to unlock your iPhone.
- Yellowsn0w has been replaced with Ultrasn0w which has been released via APT (this means you will be able to get it via Cydia or Icy).
- Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the latest version of redsn0w.
- This app is suitable for the 3.0 release
- redsn0w WILL work for all iPhones (the original type), Original iPod touch, iPod touch 2G and the iPhone 3G (and the iPhone 3GS).
To use redsn0w simply upgrade the device in iTunes to firmware version 3.0 and run redsn0w to activate and jailbreak the device (and if you are using an original iPhone 2G, it will unlock it too!)
Official Bittorrent Releases -
The following links are unofficial download mirrors, you download these at your own risk, we accept no responsibility if your computer explodes or if it becomes part of a NASA attacking botnet or even worse if your hands fall off mid-way during the use of these files. We do not check these links or archives and we accept no responsibility with regard to the validity of the files, or with other content these links provide or with the content that is on the linked site. Always check the published SHA1 sums. We would prefer that you downloaded the official bittorrent release that is linked above, but you are welcome to try these if you really must. Mirror owners should email direct links only to blog.iphone-dev.com , please don’t place mirrors in the comments as they will be deleted.